A Grade: For more experienced and accomplished photographers.
- B Grade Open Prints
- A Grade Open Prints
- B Grade Open Projected Images
- A Grade Open Projected Images
- No member may enter more than 3 images in any one section
- No member may enter more than 3 prints overall
- No member may enter more than 3 digitals overall
- May be colour or monochrome (unless prescribed by set subject).
- Must be fully the work of the competing member.
- May be printed commercially or by the competing member.
- Must be identified with the competition being entered, a title and the member’s competition number written on the back of the print. Do not write your name.
- Should be marked with an arrow on the back so it is clear which way up the image is to be viewed.
- Should be mounted (matted). Unmounted prints may not be accepted, at the discretion of the competition secretary. The maximum size for the image is 16 x 20 inches, including the mount.
- Must be in JPEG format
- Post-processing is allowed
- Sized to a maximum of 1920 pixels (width) and 1080 pixels (height) and a maximum file size of 3 MB (this is NOT 1920 pixels on the long edge)
- Digital images must be entered via the CPS website or as advised by the club
Paul Robinson Trophy
- Certificates are awarded to winners in : A Grade Prints, B Grade Prints, A Grade Projected Images, B Grade Projected Images
- There is a trophy for the top entry regardless of category.
- Entries in this competition do not count towards aggregate awards.
- Refer to the syllabus for this year’s subjects
End of Year competitions
- Monochrome Print
- Portrait Print
- Nature Projected Image
- B Grade Open Print
- A Grade Open Print
- Field Trip Projected Image
- B Grade Open Projected Image
- A Grade Open Projected Image
- John Commin Memorial Landscape Trophy (print competition, winner only)
Aggregate scores are calculated by adding the top 20 scores achieved by each member in each of the above categories throughout the year.
EOY Conditions of entry
- Members may enter up to two images in any section for which they are eligible.
- B Graders may not enter the A Grade section if there is an equivalent section for B grade members eg: A Grade open print/B Grade open print.
- All entries must have been entered in monthly competition during the year, except for those in the Field Trip section.
- An image must be entered in the same medium (i.e print; digital; slides) in monthly and end of year competitions.
- Digital images must be uploaded via the website.
To be eligible for the End of Year Nature category, photographs must comply with the following definition:
Nature photographs can depict any branch of natural history except anthropology and archaeology, The primary subject matter can be living organisms (animals, insects and growing plants), landscapes, geologic formations, or weather phenomena. This includes images taken with subjects in controlled conditions such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens and aquariums. Photographs of cultivated or human created hybrid plants (either food or decorative), or domesticated animals are ineligible. Human elements should not be visible, except where they are integral parts of the nature story, such as wild creatures adapting to the built environment. Scientific tags and bands on wild animals are allowed.
Stitched panoramas, focus stacking and HDR are allowed. Minor edits to remove distractions and improve the artistic impact of the photograph are permitted so long as they do not alter the truth of the primary subject.
Contact the Competition Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a competition number or have a query related to the above rules